Liberal Arts Career Services – helping liberal arts students go “Beyond the Tower!”
To apply for these opportunities or learn more about these events, check out your BTT Gateway account.
Don’t have an account? Register with LACS to access opportunities and to learn about our events, services and resources.
Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program
The Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program provides students with an overview of state government by working closely with staff in the Office of the Governor; experience in a working office environment; and an appreciation of public service. Explore the opportunities in areas including Communications, Economic Development, Financial Services, Legislative Office, Press Office, Texas Film Commission, Texas Music Office and Women’s Commission. The fellowship deadline is November 15, explore BTT Gateway Job ID 7565 for details.
APPLICATION DEADLINES for the week of November 10th:
Explore BTT Gateway for details and to apply. If in the list below you see a JOB ID, search the BTT Gateway [Jobs/Internships] tab; if you see a SCHEDULE ID, search the [Interview Schedules/Qualified Schedules] tab. The following are just a sample of the many jobs and internships you will find in BTT Gateway.
- 11/11 – National Organization for Women (NOW), Intern and Volunteer Coordinator, BTT Gateway Job ID 5323
- 11/11 – MDRC, Research Assistant (2102-94), BTT Gateway Job ID 7469
- 11/11 – MDRC – Research Assistant [3102-45], BTT Gateway Job ID 7466
- 11/11 – MDRC – Technical Research Assistant [3102-43], BTT Gateway Job ID 7467
- 11/11 – MDRC – Research Assistant (3102-04), BTT Gateway Job ID 7468
- 11/13 – Medix Staffing Solutions, Entry Level Recruiter, BTT Gateway Job ID 7586
- 11/14 – National Instruments, Tech Writer Intern, BTT Gateway Job ID 7412
- 11/14 – Liberty Mutual Insurance, Associate Business Analyst, BTT Gateway Job ID 7590
- 11/14 – The Hispanic Group, Social Media Intern, BTT Gateway Job ID 7589
- 11/15 – Texas Music Office, Spring Internship, BTT Gateway Job ID 7620
- 11/15 – Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), Investment Analyst I, BTT Gateway Job ID 7606
- 11/15 – Morgan Stanley, 2014 Richard B. Fisher Scholarship Program, BTT Gateway Job ID 7599
- 11/15 – Office of the Governor, Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program, BTT Gateway Job ID 7565
- 11/15 – Texas Film Commission, Internships, BTT Gateway Job ID 5521
- 11/15 – SXSW, Internships, BTT Gateway Job ID 7517
- 11/15 – Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau, Marketing and Communication Internship, BTT Gateway Job ID 7645
- 11/15 – National Security Agency (NSA), National Security Agency’s 2014 Intelligence Analysis Summer Internship Program, BTT Gateway Job ID 6366
- 11/15 – U.S. Department of Education, Various Internship Opportunities, BTT Gateway Job ID 5313
- 11/16 – First Investors Corporation, Financial Representative, BTT Gateway Job ID 7641
EVENTS for the week of November 10th:
Details available under “Career Events” in BTT Gateway or the LACS online calendar.
- 11/11 – Political Internships Information Session, FAC 328, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- 11/13 – U.S. Department of State Information Session, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, GEA 105
- 11/13 – Peace Corps General Information Session, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, BUR 134
- 11/15 – Job Search Boot Camp for Economics Majors, 12:00-2:30 pm, RSVP required
LACS RESUME POLICY
The first resume you upload to BTT Gateway will be reviewed by a member of LACS for grammar, format, marketing and relevance to help you highlight your experience in a professional format. Please allow up to two business days for the review process, during which you will not be able to submit the resume for jobs or internships in BTT Gateway. If your resume is not approved, we will provide feedback to help you craft a stronger resume. Once your first resume is approved, all subsequent resume uploads will be automatically approved and you will have immediate access to the resume for BTT Gateway applications. Due to the review process, we recommend you upload your resume well in advance of any upcoming deadlines.
Review the LACS Resume Guidelines to learn the criteria for resume approval.