September 8, 2010
So the lesson for this week is DEFINITELY time management. Let’s just say Labor Day completely messed up all my scheduling and plans =( lol. First off, I’d like to promise yall I did NOT procrastinate. I knew I’d be going away to the Air Force Academy in Colorado for the weekend so I spent last Wednesday and Thursday scrambling to do “all” my homework, which turned out to be only some of it. So ever since I got back to Austin Monday I’ve faced a bajillion of catastrophes. Here are just some of them:
- I ended up 40 miles from Austin on the way back from the airport.
- I couldn’t turn in a Quest assignment that was due before I could make it back to the dorm.
- A night before it was due I realized that I’d forgotten to do an inquiry (basically a lab) for FRI (Freshman Research Initiative, a wonderful program since we’re planning to be computer scientists and that means skills in researching ways to solve problems,) and had to rush one out.
- For some reason after a three day weekend it’s really hard to get out of bed in the morning so I was running a wee bit late Tuesday.
- I managed to misread my schedule and missed my Comp Sci discussion because I ended up on the other side of campus where my lecture is.
- Somehow I was able to lose both my driver’s license AND UT ID in less than 24 hours.
The moral of the story is: be very careful during Labor Day Weekend, crazy things happen o.O
On the bright side it was really nice to get back to Austin and see my crazy roommate. She always drags me on some adventure around campus. For example, having us walk all the way to the stadium for free food that you actually have to pay for haha. She definitely makes sure I know alllllll about anything that’s going on at UT. Ooo! Also, today I went to Comp Sci for the first time in about a week and it was good to know I haven’t fallen behind. Since you’re all interested in Computer Science I’ll let you know what we’re doing in the Intro Class right now so you can know what you have to expect. Basically we’re trying to reduce redundancy in our static methods, so we’re grouping lots of little methods that work together and occur repetitively, in a method that includes them all. That way instead of calling the same methods over and over we can just call the few larger methods they are a part of. It’s pretty fun. Also, if you’re nervous about taking Comp Sci in college because you’re taking it now in high school or you’ve heard stories about it from a friend who’s taking it don’t stress!! College Comp Sci is going muuuuch slower than AP did. Everything’s explained thoroughly and plainly so I doubt you’ll have any problems with it.
Well, I must go. I still haven’t quite caught up from my Labor Day hiatus :p so there’s a lot of homework to be done. I must admit Colorado is beautiful but it has nothing on Texas. Even during a tropical storm with thunder storms and all, it’s STILL hotter here than it is there (: Gotta love Texas weather, talk to yall next week.
CollegeTip: If you lose something all hope is not lost. There’s a lost and found you can report your missing items too at www.utexas.edu/police/lostandfound
Entry Filed under: Kiara. .