January 21, 2010
Starting date: January 2010, or as soon as possible.
Duration of employment:
24-month position, with the possibility of extension. Shorter length is also
The work will include:
– harmonizing and documenting microdata in the areas of income,
expenditures/consumption, employment, and demographics
– contributing to the conceptual framework underlying the harmonization
process and practices
– working with data providers and
– assisting and instructing data users
– PhD or MA degree (or equivalent experience)
– experience with surveys or datasets from low-income and/or middle-income
– substantial experience working with microdata– substantial experience producing or managing datasets
– good command of programming in a major statistical package
– proficiency in English (the working language in the LIS office)
Priority will be given to applicants with:
– experience working with income, expenditure and/or consumption data
– experience working with labor market data– experience working with data on assets/wealth and/or debt
– knowledge of SAS
Candidates are encouraged to apply from multiple disciplines, including
economics, sociology, political science, social policy, social statistics,
demography and related fields. Successful candidates will be granted some
time to carry out research using the LIS data.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Caroline de Tombeur at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or by mail:
Caroline de Tombeur
Luxembourg Income Study, asbl
17, rue des Pommiers
Please indicate required salary range in the cover letter.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
For more information about LIS, see our web site: www.lisproject.org.
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG – www.avg.com