Be Prepared for Registration!
Summer and Fall registration is happening April 14th – 25th and then will re-open over the summer for add/drop. Registration advising is NOT REQUIRED for economics majors. See the tips below on how YOU can prepare for registration:
1. Review your Degree Audit- to see what requirements you have fulfilled and what you still need. If you need help accessing or reading your audit, we can help you at the advising office front desk.
2. Request TEMPORARY prerequisite waivers if -
- You are currently taking or will be taking a course outside of UT that is a prerequisite for an economics course you want to register for. (ex. taking intro economics or calculus at community college and want to register for ECO 304L, ECO 420K, or ECO 329)
- You have an odd calculus sequence and want to register for ECO 420K and/or ECO 329. (ex. M 408 C & L or M 408 N & S or M 408N & L, etc)
*You must come IN PERSON to our advising office front desk to request temporary waivers. An online survey option will be available soon as well.
*Prerequisite course(s) must be posted to your record by the beginning of the semester to avoid being dropped.
3. Look at the Course Schedule – The Summer schedule will be posted on March 25th and the fall schedule on April 1st.
4. Check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) – Registration access times and registration bars will be posted around March 25th.
*If you declared the economics major this semester and have an advising bar, call us or stop by and we will clear it!
5. Use Online Waitlists – Waitlists for ECO courses will be activated on Friday, April 25th (the LAST day of registration) between 8:00-8:15am.
-If you want to register for an ECO course that says ‘closed’, add yourself to the waitlist on April 25th. Review Registration FAQs for more information about registration procedures.
Optional Appointments: Registration advising appointments to discuss the upcoming semester will be available March 24th – April 24th. Call us at 512-471-2973 or stop by to schedule yours, we WILL get booked up quickly!
- May Graduates: Apply to graduate by March 31st! You may be able to apply online or you may have to go in person to the LA Dean’s Office in GEB 2.200 depending on your situation. See details on the Liberal Arts Graduation website.
- Summer & December Graduates: It is strongly recommended that you schedule a Final Degree Check with an LA Dean’s Office advisor THIS semester! Call them at 512-471-4271 or stop by GEB 2.220 to set up your appointment.
Q Drop and Pass/Fail: Deadline March 31st
- Must go IN PERSON to the LA Dean’s Office in GEB 2.200, not BRB.
- Q Drops: Q dropped courses appear on your transcript with a ‘Q’ in place of the grade. You are allowed up to 6 Q drops during your time here at UT. See more details on the LA website.
- Pass/Fail: Courses taken as general electives may be taken pass/fail. Passing (D or better) gives you credit ‘CR’ and does not affect your GPA and failing gives you an ‘F’ which does factor into your UT GPA. See more details on the LA website.
- Check out the Events & Programs page of our blog for information about opportunities at UT and beyond!
- See our Career & Internship page for job/internship postings, career data, articles and more!
- Also read through our weekly emails, the Econ Times, for the latest announcements from the advising office straight to your inbox!
Add comment February 11, 2014