Be Prepared for Registration!
Summer and Fall registration is happening April 14th – 25th and then will re-open over the summer for add/drop. Registration advising is NOT REQUIRED for economics majors. See the tips below on how YOU can prepare for registration:
**Course Schedule Updates for ECO Classes: There will be some things changing on the course schedule that aren’t updated online yet, particularly for ECO 304K, ECO 420K, ECO 320L, ECO 341K as well as some cancellations and tentative additions. Please click here for updates and keep checking the schedule before you register.
1. Review your Degree Audit- to see what requirements you have fulfilled and what you still need. If you need help accessing or reading your audit, we can help you at the advising office front desk.
2. Request TEMPORARY prerequisite waivers using this survey if -
- You are currently taking or will be taking a course outside of UT that is a prerequisite for an economics course you want to register for. (ex. taking intro economics or calculus at community college and want to register for ECO 304L, ECO 420K, or ECO 329)
- You have an odd calculus sequence and want to register for ECO 420K and/or ECO 329. (ex. M 408 C & L or M 408 N & S or M 408N & L, etc)
*You may request waivers using this survey or in-person at the Economics Advising Office.
*Prerequisite course(s) must be posted to your record by the beginning of the semester to avoid being dropped.
3. Look at the Course Schedule – The Summer schedule will be posted on March 25th and the fall schedule on April 1st.
4. Check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) – Registration access times and registration bars will be posted around March 25th.
*If you declared the economics major this semester and have an advising bar, call us or stop by and we will clear it!
5. Use Online Waitlists – Waitlists for ECO courses will be activated on Friday, April 25th (the LAST day of registration) between 8:00-8:15am.
-If you want to register for an ECO course that says ‘closed’, log back in and add yourself to the waitlist on April 25th. Review Registration FAQs for more information about registration procedures.
Optional Appointments: Registration advising appointments to discuss the upcoming semester will be available March 24th – April 24th. Call us at 512-471-2973 or stop by to schedule yours, we WILL get booked up quickly!
Adalyn’s Registration Tips
Here are some super pro-tips from our very own student employee Adalyn!
- Have back-up plans: Some courses may fill up before you can register for them; make sure to consider alternative courses to sign up for while you waitlist the ones you want.
- Visualize your schedule: Use the calendar on myedu.com to help plan out your course load.
- Consider your professors:
- Check out syllabi for courses:
- Under ‘Learn Here’ on the UT home page, you can find a link to syllabi from the current or previous semesters
- Pro-tip: determine which courses have finals and which don’t!
Add comment February 11, 2014