Spring registration is quickly approaching! Here is a timeline and some tips to make this process less stressful for you:
October 28th – November 8th: Registration! Access times are determined by classification and last name Check Registration Information Sheet NOW for access times and registration bars.
Friday, November 8th:
- Online waitlists for all ECO courses will be turned on between 8:00-8:15am. Make sure you have space in your schedule and select appropriate swap classes to avoid waitlist errors.
- Registration will close at the end of the day (midnight) and will re-open in January
How to Prepare
Registration advising is NOT required for economics majors. If you would like to talk to an advisor about your summer and/or fall schedule, you can call us anytime at 512-471-2973 to set up a registration advising appointment. Appointments will be available now through November 7th.
Juniors and Seniors: please call soon if you want an appointment because we are booking up quickly.
1. Review Degree Audit: See your Degree Audit for remaining requirements. If you need help accessing/reading your audit, someone at the front desk of the advising office can help you!
*December grads: Run a fresh audit AFTER you register to make sure you will meet all remaining degree requirements.
2. Check Registration Information Sheet: See RIS for access times and registration bars which will be posted in early April.
*If you declared the major this semester and have an advising bar, call or stop by and we will clear it for you!
3. Use Online Waitlists: Online waitlists for economics courses will be activated on Friday, April 26th (last day of registration) between 8:00-8:15am once everyone has registration access. See more about policies for waitlists, restricted classes, prereqs on our Registration FAQ page.
4. Request TEMPORARY Pre-requisite Waivers: Come to the advising office IN PERSON to request a temporary waiver if:
- You are currently taking or will be taking a course outside of UT over the summer that is a pre-requisite for an economics course you want to register for. Example- taking introductory economics or calculus courses at community college and wanting to register for ECO 420K and/or ECO 329.
- You have an odd calculus sequence and want to register for ECO 420K and/or ECO 329. An odd calculus sequence would be M 408 C & L, M 408 N & S or M 408N & L, etc.
Credit for the pre-requisite course(s) must be posted to your record by the 4th class day in August. See more about pre-requisite waivers here.
5. Come Prepared to Advising Appointment: If you schedule a registration advising appointment, please come prepared with questions and a general idea of what you plan to register for to make the most of the time.
-If you have concerns about getting into the courses you need to graduate, come by the advising office AFTER you have registered yourself for classes.
Add comment October 17, 2013