1.) If you are unable to attend the HEASPA ceremony on May 16th please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with: “I will not be in attendance”
2.) If you are able to attend, please email the above social chair email address the following items no later than Monday, May 12th, at 5pm.
- A Personal Photo/Headshot
- Preferred First & Last Name
- Any Awards or Distinctions You Received During Your Time Here
- Answer: “What are you most looking forward to post graduation?”
Also, please feel free to send any other photos that you may have from different events and activities that you feel will be nice to add for the ceremony.
Don’t forget to submit your glad tidings for our 2014 PHEL grads by March 14th (Wednesday)!
The first official HEASPA bar crawl is tomorrow! We hope that you will be able to join us to celebrate the end of the year with your cohort. The schedule of events is below:
9:00PM Cheers Shot Bar
9:30PM Maggie Mae’s
11:00PM Recess Arcade Bar
1. Our first annual end-of-year bar crawl is on FRIDAY, MAY 9TH at 9:00PM. We will bar hop along Rainey and do not currently have a starting location or itinerary. Please be on the lookout for it by Monday, May 5th.
2. We hope that you RSVPed to the 2014 HEASPA End of Year Celebration and Awards Ceremony, which will be on Friday, May 16th at 4pm!
We are actively recruiting pictures from HEASPA events throughout the school year to create a celebratory slideshow for the end-of-year ceremony in 2 weeks.
- social events (First Fridays, potlucks, tailgates, having fun with cohort members)
- sporting events
- dissertation defenses
- professional development events
- class (we all know you sneak a pic or two occasionally…)
- work with fellow HEASPA colleagues
- faculty members included!
- award ceremonies/presentations
- other (where HEASPA/EDA members are in attendance)
You will also be receiving an email if you are a graduating student in PHEL so that you can be recognized at the ceremony.
Thanks for your help!
HEASPA received awards for Distinguished Status in Pillars of the 40 Acres and Best Graduate Student Organization. Thanks to everyone who participated in HEASPA this year!
Doc Talk with Dr. Katie Pritchett. Dr. Pritchett will talk about How to Navigate the Dissertation Defense.
Date: April 23rd
Location: SZB 376
What: Dr. Kameen will give an overview of the internship and binder requirements for master’s students.
When: Wednesday, April 23rd 12-1 p.m.
Where: SZB 416
If you are interested in attending a higher ed conference, go to “Associations” at the top in the menu bar and click on “2014 – 2015 Conferences“!
Alumni, current students, and graduating PHEL students and their families are invited to HEASPA/PHEL’s end of the year celebration. Check your inbox and please RSVP by April 30th!