Entries from June 2010
7th Annual Graduate Student Colloquium: Saturday, August 28th, 2010
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, July 30th @ 5:00 p.m.
You are invited to submit a proposal for the 2010 Graduate Student
Colloquium (GSC) to take place at the University of Texas at Austin on
Saturday, August 28th, 2010. (more…)
Tags: Professional Development
Hi HEASPA members! I apologize for taking a hiatus on blogging – I got married!! Summer is pretty slow on campus, so I thought I would post some fun non-school things to do! Enjoy! – Evelyn
1. Pick Peaches in Fredericksburg! This is going to be an amazing peach season (from late May -August), so definitely make the 1.5 hour trip from Austin sometime soon! http://www.texaspeaches.com/
2. Hamilton Pool - Hate to say that I still haven’t been out to Hamilton Pool, but I’ve heard it is phenomenal! Can’t believe this swimming hole is only 30 minutes from Austin:
3. Concerts – Austin is the Live Music Capital of the World, so of course we have tons of free concerts going on!
4. Campus Museums - We are so lucky to have such wonderful gems on our campus! Here are a few (indoor, air-conditioned) places that you can visit for free with your UT ID card!
- Blanton Museum of Art – Some pretty interesting shows up now, Matisse and Picasso!
- Texas Memorial Museum – Our very own natural science museum, complete with a dinosaur! Free to all visitors.
- LBJ Presidential Museum – The first presidential library to be located on a college campus, and includes a replica of the Oval Office. Free to all visitors and free parking
Hope you all have a great summer! If you have any other suggestions of things to do, please feel free to leave it in the comments box below.
Tags: Social Events