All graduate students will be able to register on Monday, October 25th starting at 8AM. Take a look at the Master’s Student Handbook for more details.
Here are a few reminders about registration:
- Advising Bar – Each student has an advising bar on their file that restricts them from registration. To remove the bar, contact your faculty advisor and let them know what you plan to take in the Spring. The faculty advisor will let Hortensia know that you have spoken, and she will remove your advising bar.
- Registration Information Sheet - Check this website to see if you have any other non-financial or financial bars. This sheet also lists your GPA
- Course Schedule - Check for core classes under “EDA”. Common departments for electives include Educational Psychology (EDP), LBJ School of Public Affairs (PA), Social Work (SW), Women’s & Gender Studies (WGS), African & African American Studies (AFR), Asian American Studies (AAS), Communication Studies (CMS), Mexican American Studies (MAS), Religious Studies (RS). Remember, out-of-department electives must be on a graduate level, and other electives can be on a graduate or upper-division undergraduate level.
- Internships/Independent Study - If you plan on completing an internship or independent study next spring, be sure to fill out the “Consent of Instructor for Course Registration”. For internships, Dr. Marilyn Kameen (in SZB 210) will review your consent form and internship contract. For independent study, the faculty member that will supervise your research needs to sign the consent form and look over your independent study guidelines. Both documents (consent form and contract) need to be turned into Hortensia in SZB 310 before you will be able to register for the course.
End of the Semester Links:
- Final Exam Schedule – if your class offers a final exam during finals time, this is the site where you can look up the date, time and location.
- Grade Report - where grades are posted at the end of the semester
- Tuition for Next Semester – due by Jan 21, 2010. Tuition Bill will be ready online in December