Ready or not, in two days classes begin for the fall 2011 semester. Have you been obsessively checking your waitlists and making adjustments to your schedule? Or did you get the perfect schedule on your first try and now you’re just busy trying to find textbooks? Either way, here is a list of things to know about the first week of classes and a few things you can be doing to ensure a great start to your fall semester!
To-do list for the first week of classes:
- Have a quick question for your advisor? Stop by the Center for Strategic Advising to speak to an advisor, no appointment necessary during the following times:
- Drop-in Hours: FAC 338, August 24, 25, 28, and 29 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Still want to make changes to your schedule? You can!
- You can drop courses using the online registration system until the 12th class day (Sept. 9th).
- You can add classes using the online registration system until the 4th class day (Aug. 29th).
- If you need to add a class after the 4th class day, you must be added by the department that offers the course. For example, to add a a Sociology course, you must contact the Sociology department. Use the “Offices” link on the UT homepage to find department contact info.
- To double check these dates and deadlines, or to find out about other important ones, you can check the Academic Calendar online.
- Want to know more about the classes you’ve signed up for? Read the syllabus or the instructor CV (it’s like a resume) in advance.
- Attend the Sanger Learning & Career Center Open House to learn more about their services, eat free ice cream, and get a free academic planner (while supplies last).
Class of 2015 and new transfer students: