Are you ready for spring classes? Here are some tips to make sure you have a great semester!
- Make sure your schedule is set- January 7th, you will have access to the registration system. To see when you can use the system, check your Registration Information Sheet. Also, you are able to drop and add classes through the first four days of classes. From the 5th through the 12th class day, you can still drop or add classes, although you will need departmental permission.
- Take appropriate placement exams- The ALEKS deadline for math and chemistry courses is January 10th. You can find out if you need to take it or not by checking prerequisites on the course schedule.
- Know your resources- Are there some classes where you know you will need some additional help? Make sure you check out the Sanger Learning Center and the Writing Center. They can help you get off on the right foot!
- Know where your classes are- Are you taking classes in buildings you have never heard of before? Check out this campus map so you can find where you need to be.
- Start thinking about steps to get into your major of choice- If you know what colleges you want to apply to this Spring, make sure you are aware of deadlines and internal transfer processes. To learn more about declaring majors, check out Wayfinder.
Ready to go? Great! See you January 14! To view other dates for the semester, check out the Academic Calendar.
January 7- Registration re-opens
January 14- First day of classes
January 14-17- Drop/add period
January 21- No classes-Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 30-12th class day = last day to add/drop class
March 1- Nursing Application deadline
March 1-Theater/Dance Application deadline
May 1- Psychology Application deadline
May 1-Engineering Application deadline
May 1- Geosciences Application deadline
May 15- Business School Application deadline
May 17- Art/Art History Application deadline