DrillingInfo Inc. is seeking entry level GIS Technicians for both full-time and part-time positions to work in the GIS-Operations department.
April 23, 2012
We have several GIS Technician I positions available here at DrillingInfo that I would like to inform you about. The GIS Tech I positions are as follows:
1. Par-time, permanent day position
2. Full-time, temporary day position
3. Part-time, temporary evening position
All of these positions can be applied towards an internship program.
Applicants can send a letter of interest and resume to Greg Restrepo firstname.lastname@example.org
I have attached a job description which generally applies to each opening. However, the duties vary slightly from position to position.
Description The GIS Technician 1 will assist with mapping oil and gas leases or production units by editing, creating, and attributing polygons using ArcGIS and/or DrillingInfo’s proprietary GIS. This includes entering distances and directions from metes and bounds descriptions as well as interpreting plats and quarter-call information in the Public Land Survey System. Additional duties may include research utilizing the Texas Railroad Commission online queries.
- The ideal candidate will have or be working towards a Bachelors/Masters degree in Geography, Geology, GIS, or similar field.
- Must possess knowledge of the Public Land Survey System and metes and bounds.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal Ability to spatially analyze data.
This job is located in Austin, TX and training will be provided.
Please send letter of interest and resume to: